Sunday, September 1, 2013

Food Heaven!

As part of Dental Care Month in May, Odie and I (well, mostly I) joined the Pedigree Philippines' Doggy DentaDash game on their Facebook Page. It's an app wherein we had to answer two questions each week, and were given corresponding points for each correct answer. The promo ran for eight weeks with new questions every Wednesday.

Odie was able to get a perfect score of 32000 points because I'm a tiger parent. I wasn't sure how the winners were selected (and I'm guessing lots of dogs got perfect scores as well), but a few days later, I got a call from a Pedigree Philippines representative saying that Odie and I were among the 20 winners of the game! We were notified mid-July and were told that we would receive the prize in 6-8 weeks.

While waiting for the real prize, those who got 12000 points and above were given 15 pieces of DentaStix to munch on. Yum! Well, yum for Odie, I guess! The last time we were given a free sample of DentaStix, it was literally just a free sample. As in, ONE piece which came with a cover letter, which their delivery guys struggled to achieve. We received it on August 19, and Odie's trying to finish what's left of it. I don't know any dog who doesn't like DentaStix. From what I know, its X-shaped structure guarantees to prevent plaque, and that it tastes really good. I'm usually on the receiving end of jumps (leading to bruises) when I open a pack. Some say this is crack for dogs. I'm gonna have to agree.


Yesterday morning, a truck arrived at our house. The house help called me and said that there was a package for me. Unfortunately for me, it was for my dog. But hey, I gotta admit I waited for it, too! The delivery man unloaded a huge bin from the truck, which had my name on it!

Storage bin with all the goodies!
I thought we were just gonna unload the bin so I was happy to know that we get to keep it, too! Odie's belongings used to be in two containers that were already deteriorating so now they're all here, neatly arranged. I was told to sign some paperwork and had my photo taken as proof that the package was delivered to my home. Sadly, the delivery guy also asked me for Php100 because our village has a toll fee when trucks enter. Ugh.


There was an envelope taped to the bin containing a cover letter from Pedigree Philippines. It was a thank you letter of sorts for joining their contest, and an instruction to take a photo of Odie and the prizes, upload it, and tag Pedigree Philippines on Facebook. Craziest minutes of the day.


Little sniffer performing an inspection. Wannabe police dog!
April and I arranged the products neatly for the photo. It was Php5000 worth of Pedigree products! The package contains seven 3kg bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition, six 400ml cans of Pedigree Home Style in chicken flavor, two 80g packs of Pedigree Meat Jerky, two 175g packs of Pedigree Tasty Bone, and one box containing 36 individually wrapped Pedigree DentaStix. 

Upon letting Odie out of his crate, I had a treat with me in hopes of having him keep his attention on me. I failed miserably as he took his time sniffing through the goodies that he received, and even knocked the cans down, grabbed a Tasty Bone pack and took it to the far end of the yard, and he just kept stuffing his face in between the bags of food! The photo below was the best we could do.


We didn't have time to rearrange the cans because I know he would start inspecting his new treats if I didn't stop taking photos. But yay! We finally got him to "look at the camera" and strike his signature poster-boy pose!

I haven't really tried feeding Odie Pedigree dry food (I usually buy pouches of wet food) so I sought the opinion of our veterinarian about switching to Pedigree. I learned that the most obvious manifestation of the dog's reaction to the food is through his skin and coat. Obviously, good food results in good skin. I opened one bag and am trying to transition him to it, hoping the results would be favorable. We filled 1/4 of his dish with Pedigree and 3/4 Holistic Recipe. He sniffed the foreign-infused food for a few seconds before devouring it like he does with all the food we give (and all the objects he manages to eat). We're also going to donate some of the food to a local shelter because it's pretty overwhelming to have so much, we might as well share.

All in all, the 8-week wait was worth it. We have food and treats to last us quite a while and the best part is that it was given to us for free! Thank you, Pedigree! I'm a happy parent with a really happy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis