Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Squiggle-Dee-Doo-Dah!

Odie finally has a Kong Squiggles! SQUEEEEEE!!!

Kong Squiggles (large) in elephant design from Pet Centrics
Doc Marose went to the park after last Friday's shoot with a big box in tow. When she opened it, I could swear, Odie and I just got transported to Kong heaven! See, during graduation, we were given gift certificates with different amounts instead of material prizes. The last two graduations, Odie placed third in class and got two of the same toy, the Kong Classic. That proved to be quite helpful though because Odie's Kong Classic was left in teacher's stuff last Friday so at least we have another one while waiting for Saturday's class to come around.

Odie saw the toys laid out on the table but couldn't reach for them. I guess he got really overwhelmed and just wanted to get one already because he focused on the items on the table and started crying, seemingly confused. I settled for the elephant Squiggles and am still deciding on one other item to consume the amount on my GC.

Odie already grabbed the toy when I got it, but I didn't let him have it because he might get hurt playing with it with the label still on, and so that I could take a proper photo first. We formally tried it out when we got home and Odie just went CRAZY! It's very soft so he likes biting into it, both ends have squeakers which he could sometimes squeak, and it's pretty durable for a plush toy. It's been four days but we rarely play with the Squiggles to keep him interested in the toy. He now goes into a frenzy when he hears a squeak, jumps to try getting the toy (of course, he never wins that one!), and behaves to get the toy. He loves it so much, he latches on to it every time it's within reach. I could very well use it as his leash! The toy is also very friendly to humans because since it's elastic, it's easy to relinquish when I end a game of tug. When I use other tug toys, I always make an effort to keep most of the toy close to me to end the game. Point being, it's a really good toy!

Now the only thing I have to do is to decide between a large Wubba or a small Wobbler. Welp!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no. Now I want one. But I have to find my GC! How much is the original price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, look for it!! I saw it in Handyman Eastwood for around 600. Kay Doc it's a little over 400 lang haha! Wait for her online store thing or sit in this weekend! You're gonna go crazy over the price tags you'll see.

      Delete
    2. HA? 400+??? That's it---I'm getting one tomorrow!!! :))

      Delete
    3. DIBA?! Amazing! Marami pa siyang ibang stuff like the wobbler, wubba, braidz... Parang masaya mag-splurge every sweldo :))

      Delete

ShareThis