Tuesday, April 2, 2013

NEEDS and wants.

I finished the trick videos tonight and I have a bit of time to spare. It's late and we can't do homework right now so I went to my favorite online stores and looked at all the things I cannot buy.

I mean, not yet. But if I did have a balikbayan box to fill with whatever I want from the US, I think half of it's gonna be filled with things for Odie. I'm posting a few of them, just so that when I finally decide to whip out that credit card, I already know what purchases to make. Two of Odie's self-proclaimed godmothers are actually based in LA and are asking what pasalubong they can bring Odie when they go for vacation in Manila. Here's an idea! Haha, but talk to me first to avoid duplicates in case I can't wait for you guys.

Disclaimer: Allow me to be a total ditz because my brain cells are tired.

Pet waste bags from Downtown Pet Supply ($49.99, Amazon). I keep buying waste bags from Ace Hardware at around P80 for a pack of three rolls, so that's P26 for each roll. This is a box of 110 rolls and it's gonna last us a couple of years! I might also want to give some to irresponsible humans who don't know how to pick up after their spoiled dogs. Oh and yes, I want it in many colors because it looks so happy!


Martha Stewart Pets waste bag dispenser ($7.99, PetSmart). I know, I already have a dispenser and the item before this one also comes with a dispenser, but just LOOK at it! It's made of leather and it attaches to the leash, and most of all, it looks absolutely pretty. It's like dog poop sophistication! It also comes in brown but this color is close to Tiffany & Co's blue, and I love Tiffany & Co.


Lupine 3/4" medium adjustable collar ($10.99) and 4 foot padded handle lead ($13.99) in Wet Paint design. The lead is available at Hobbes and Landes at High Street for Php1049.75. Although Lupine products are sold in Manila, my needs are very specific and they don't have this set here all the time. What I like about Lupine is that they have a lifetime guarantee so they're gonna keep replacing your lead and collar if your dog chews it up! How amazing is that? Their prints are really pretty and the material is strong. And the gate snap looks real secure.

Lupine 30-foot training lead in blue ($29.99). Since our training lead problem has already been solved, I definitely want something better than our current training lead which I just cut off of a retractable leash. This can also come in Wet Paint to match the lead and collar I want, but maybe going for a solid color would lessen the risk of it being a potential distraction. Like Doc Marose said, getting a training lead is more of for my own peace of mind. Having a Lupine training lead would give me peace of mind because I know that Odie won't get lost, and because I know that having him run (almost) freely with a Lupine lead is a pretty sight.


EzyDog Vario 6 Lite in blue ($25). This is also available in Pet Express for around Php2000. A dog can never have too many leashes and collars. What I like about the Vario 6 is that although it lacks a fancy schmancy design unlike the Lupine, it can function as a long/short leash, long/short tether, a hands-free leash, and a double dog leash. I want the lite one because the regular one looks too thick. I also only want this because I want a good harness.

EzyDog Chest Plate Harness in blue ($25). It's also available in Pet Express for Php1250. This is the only reason why I want an EzyDog leash. I know we've learned loose-leash walking and heeling in class, but I still kind of feel bad whenever Odie pulls. Lupine also has harnesses, but this looks friendlier to a dog's body.


Outward Hound Quick Access Treat N' Training Bag in pink ($10.58). It looks like it can hold a lot of stuff, which is great because I don't want to keep lugging around a bag bigger than mine whenever I take Odie out. It's also a legit treat bag (I don't bring my makeshift treat bag in class because Odie shoves his face into it) so it should do the job. Although hmm I'm not too sure. Odie does shove his face into teacher's treat container as well. Oh, and it's pink because I'm the one who's going to wear it!

Ollydog Sipper in blue loops ($12). We have a resealable travel bowl but it gets pretty hard to use because it's narrow and it's too light. This one looks nice, is foldable, and it can hold food and water. Oh my god, I can only imagine having all these things in Odie's bag. Speaking of which, I've yet to find a pretty bag that could carry a long leash, this bowl, wet tissue, toilet paper, and some toys.

Kong AirDog Squeakair Balls ($6.30). I mentioned that Odie lost his tennis ball and yup, I still haven't bought a new one because I haven't had some "me" time and with hell week in our midst, it looks like I can only go shopping after Odie graduates. In class last Saturday, the dogs had some playtime with teacher's tennis balls. When Odie got the ball, he started running REAL FAST that the bigger dogs had a hard time catching up. He kept the ball in his mouth the entire time! He must have felt so ball-deprived! I saw some Squeakair balls in Trinoma but they're too small, he might choke on them. Ew that sounded dirty. So for now I'm gonna have to go with legit tennis balls first. But this Squeakair is gonna be perfect for fetch games which Odie loves!

Kong Flyer, large ($10.10). We haven't worked with a flying disc before. I do have two Ultimate Ultra-Stars because I used to play ultimate frisbee, but it might be too heavy for Odie, plus the material might not be too friendly to his teeth. At least if it's a product intended for dog use, I'm sure it's safe.

Pet's Double Laser Chase Toy ($48.83). Well we don't really need this, but it looks like a fun contraption. Odie's gonna go even crazier and I think it's gonna tire him out. Heeheehee! And look! It's a beagle and a cat! Maybe Odie can finally play with the cat that always comes to our house!
Intex Metal Frame Pool Set ($147). I'm sick of the endless search for a swimming pool in Manila that allows dogs. I've always wanted to know if Odie could swim! I don't know where my brother's kiddie pool from x years ago went. This is the ultimate goal, but if not, I'm good with any kiddie pool that isn't inflatable!
Pet Dreams Plush Cratewear Set in Wedgewood Blue ($67.44). I had a crate cover made for Odie a few months back. It was made out of fleece. Sadly, he kept on pulling it in so now it's all tattered. Sigh. I just want to prettify Odie's crate so that he doesn't get too cold in the Christmas months. I really like how this comes with beddings, and even the sides are also lined! Amazing.

The Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain ($59) looks awesome! I put water on Odie's dish when we finish playing, but I still let him keep his water feeder in his crate just in case he wants water at night. I'm scared that the water there might not be fresh come morning so I think a fountain would be cool. Literally. HAHA. My only problem here is that he might not stop drinking water!


And last but not least, a Kuranda Standard Dog Bed in almond frame with a smoke-colored Cordura surface, small size ($56.95). This bed was one of the examples of dog beds that Doc Marose showed us during orientation. It's a really good orthopedic dog bed, and this is the most sensible combination I could find because their colors are quite limited. Based on what I saw, it has a really nice bounce which means great back support! And it's elevated so Odie would be kept cool and comfy.

If I actually bought these things, my grand total would be... a lot. That would mean no more food, treats, schooling and health care for him, and maybe, just maybe, no more house for me.

6 comments:

  1. May "bath tub" ang Dogs & the City! I just don't know how big, but they have 160x30cm (height yata yung 30cm), which is 1.6m in diameter, probably big enough for Odie to swim in? :P I haven't checked it out myself kasi akala ko maliit lang then nalaman ko may bigger size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talaga? Cool! I'm good na actually with a pool na hindi inflatable so there's no risk in puncturing anything. That size seems okay for Odie, i guess. Anything bigger and baka nagsasayang lang ako ng tubig.

      Ang babaw ko, pero gusto ko talaga yung waste bag dispenser. High fashion pooping! HAHAHA!

      Delete
    2. And it's foldable! Here's the pic https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/521346_525917040780285_1448188174_n.jpg

      Oh and it's actually labeled a "swimming pool" in the photo. While you're at it, you might want to get him a swimsuit jk (...people actually like to embarrass their dogs by putting bikinis that don't cover all their "boobs"? Haha)!

      I've been meaning to get that "pool" but lately I haven't been to Dogs & the City (so odd...).

      Yes!!! The dispenser and the laser thing and the fountain! How do you find these things on the net? :))

      Do you see the Kong flyer around? Ang nakikita ko kasi for puppies lagi :| And the Squeak Air, parang laging walang tamang size. :|

      Delete
    3. I remember seeing that ad! I wonder how much it is though. I want to see it live first! No, no swimsuits. He's a skinny dipper. HAHAHA! And with more than two boobs, why would humans even buy bikinis? Sigh. I really don't get humans sometimes.

      I have these random bouts of going through pet supplies listings on Amazon and in the PetSmart website! Grabe, what I'd give to get all these things! The internet is a black hole, I swear. I end up wanting things I didn't even know existed. But of course, as humans, we need to provide for our dogs. Hay.

      Pang-puppies lang din nakikita ko na Kong flyer. Baka meron sa Bow & Wow kaya lang for some reason, doble presyo dun. Nakaka-frustrate. Try mo yung Pet Express sa Cubao? I heard it's a big store. Yung nakikita ko na SqueakAir laging too small. Sana may legit na PetSmart dito that would match the prices of the items they sell abroad :(

      Delete
  2. Check this out:

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463916383647018&set=pb.136049329767060.-2207520000.1365126791&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-frc1%2F599183_463916383647018_260160782_n.jpg&size=960%2C960

    4995 nga lang. Mas mura pa rin online :)) But! Water fountain! Haha

    The only big, real pet stores I've been to are Dogs and the City and Pet Express SM North. :| I never get a chance to go elsewhere haha. Pero nadadaanan ko yung sa Cubao when I still worked in Ortigas. Mukhang malaki nga, parang mas malaki pa sa current space ng North EDSA branch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mas malaki nga yung Pet Express Cubao! You won't notice na matagal ka na pala dun kasi maraming pwede makita. I've been there only once but I spent as much time there as I would in Fully Booked. I heard the MOA branch is even bigger but I haven't been to MOA in over a year. Most visited store ko is Dogs and the City Eastwood but I never saw Drinkwell there.

      Ang mahal naman ng 4995! Tapos hindi pa yun yung 360. Pwede na muna siguro yung CD-R King na mga USB fountain haha!!!

      Delete

ShareThis